Wednesday, April 04, 2007

 

Rear seat cont....

A helpful tip from a US builder pointed me in the right direction, and I chamfered the top corners of the bulkhead flange and the seat rail so the seat could tip back all the way to the bulkhead. Once this was done things started to fall into place. The major difficulty was the quality of the fiberglass part. It is far deeper than the canopy rail. I cut it and re glassed it.
Everything pretty much fell into place after that, though the seat is perhaps a little tighter than I intended at the top. I am not sure why, since I had a 1/8th " spacer in place throughout at the 12:00 position. Still better tight than flapping about, when flying solo in turbulence.
While my wife likes flying as a pax she would much rather not touch the stick! For this reason I wanted secure storage for it, out of her way. Once the seat went in, its home became obvious. It hangs on a pip pin, and is held at the bottom by a spare flap block. It is clear of the rudder cable also.














Postscript 19th March '09

Some interest in the finished rear seat has prompted me to post this picture. The cushions are by Becki Orndorf, and she did a great job.


Comments:
With the Shoulder harness and seat pads installed the seat back is very secure. Solo I secure all the harness with the seat belt but I do not do much acro.
Regards,
Bruce Bell
Lubbock, Texas
RV-4 #2888 N23BB
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?