Sunday, February 11, 2007

 

F-463 tank brackets continued..


Finally the RHS F-463 is complete. It bears only a passing resemblance to those shown in the RV4 plan and a lot more to the RV9A plan which I was fortunate to have to hand. Here is the finished installation.
The problem is that the glass fairing sweeps in very close to the bottom bolt in this picture.
(I may yet have to grind a small amount of glass away.) If the bracket continued down so that it was bolted to the bottom longeron the fairing just could not fit on.

My solution - and I think most -4 builders - has been to put a vertical inside the fuselage to which the bracket can bolt. Here is a picture. The external bracket uses the upper two bolts. The other two holes are just to save a few grams.

I have also possibly installed the platenut bolt assembly that joins the wing to the fuse the reverse way around, but the plans are inconsistent on this point. For various reasons it made more sense to me done this way.

Here is the fairing slid almost into place to show the problem.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?