Thursday, February 15, 2007

 

F-463 completed

These brackets have been enormously time consuming. The problem is VANS plan is close to an irrelavancy, as I explained before. This is compounded by the practicality of the task. Do you drill from the inside to the outside, or vice versa? From the inside it is physically quite difficult. From the outside, the wing is in the way. Perhaps if I had an even smaller right angle drill.....

Finally though, they are just about complete. I say just about because, although I remembered to allow room for a fat rubber washer in front of the bracket, on the outside, where the fuel will enter the fuselage from the flop tube, I did not allow for it in the spacer on the inside.

Ideally, I will not bring the fuel into the fuselage at that point, but take it under the -463 and enter under the step. I am just not sure the pipe will bend that tight. We will see....


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?