Friday, July 21, 2006

 

Throttle Prop and Mixture Controls

I was planning to work on the elevator circuit but I was sidetracked into the power controls by access to a bending break. I will return to the stick assembly shortly.



The RV4 plans have poor definition as to where the quadrant should be mounted; or at least everyone disregards the position indicated as being crazy.

I made up this bracket. My idea was that I wanted the control canted outwards so my knuckles were not getting involved in the cockpit rail, but leaving maximum room for my legs. Now I am worried that the whole unit is to far out from the side skin.




I am also concerned about fore and aft positioning though I have allowed for this by drilling two extra sets of holes for the bracket to attach to.

Finally height is a concern though I can change things at the moment since the bracket is currently only held on with masking tape.







I think I will ask existing RV4 drivers for comments.

(What a shame they don't make the middle knob in blue. How cheap is that!)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?