Saturday, July 01, 2006

 

F-428 storage.

Finally I finished turning the F-428 step into a step, with storage space underneath. Its a useful size. I threw in what was to hand in the Supercub. A thick flight guide, two passports and a digital camera case, and there was room for plenty more. Certainly a flask of brandy!


Posted by Picasa Here it is closed. I was hoping it would be less noticeable that it opened, but perhaps when it is all painted up and the canopy is on it will be.

The hinges and fore and aft bracing angle made it much heavier that the ordinary step, but then perhaps I have made it too strong.

I think I will put a 3/4" hole in the front left corner to facilitate opening and I will have to dream up a way of locking it shut. I don't want the brandy falling out when inverted. People will get the wrong idea.

I plan also to put a cover on the battery compartment and move that onto the firewall. It should all help put the C of G where I want it as well as provide storage for longer trips with Imelda.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?