Saturday, June 10, 2006

 

Rollbar Support Structure: F-416 & F-417

Posted by Picasa
In the first picture I have assembled the F-417 and replaced the canopy rail F-416. I have then offered up the 12"*1"*1" angle. The problem is that according to the plans about 1/3 of the angle should be behind the canopy rail. Even at the front nearly a quarter inch is sticking out.














Posted by Picasa
In the second picture I have added a .063 shim to the F-407 bulkhead before attaching the F-417. The fit is now better, though none of the angle will fit behind the canopy rail. It will be just about flush at the front.
My question is what have I done wrong, or is it a figment of VANS imagination that about 1/3rd of the angle will be behind the canopy rail when slid into place?





Posted by PicasaFor completeness, here is the shim.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?