Monday, June 12, 2006

 

Progress with the roll bar structure.

Support came flooding in from the -4 community regarding the roll bar support structure. Several pictures all of which agreed with each other, and not quite with the plans. That has enabled me to move forward with confidence. (Thanks everyone!)

This is current status.













The angle is riveted to the F-417, and it sits nicely underneath the canopy rail. The forward inch or so even tucks in behind the rail which I think will make it look neater. I no longer need the shim I had made. The need for that went away when I 'unbent' the rail and was able to slide the angle up to its final location. It seems to be going together quite nicely now. The roll bar is sat there for the photo. I haven't touched it with the drill yet.




I still have to cut off the excess material from the flattened out side rail.












In this picture you can see the angle did fit nicely behind the rail at the front end, though not by anything like the amount the plans indicated.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?